The CMS-3 survey provides in depth socio-economic and nutritional data allowing an assessment of longer term change and the impact of project interventions to be observed. For a full description of the methodology, please see the CMS3 Methodology-Brief.
The CMS 3 data from all surveys have been cleaned, and the complete dataset will be available for use by extreme poverty researchers at the following link: https://www.ukdataservice.ac.uk/get-data
What information can I see?
The annual CMS-3 Brief
This presents a summary of the key points of the most recent CMS-3 Annual Report. Older briefs (which were produced on an ad hoc basis) are in the archived reports section on this page.
The most recent CMS-3 Report
Annual reports were produced based on surveys conducted from March 2010 to March 2016. The reports show the changes in indicators for the time period described in the title, and each report builds upon the data set of the previous year. The most recent report is shown below; older reports have been archived (see below).
CMS3 Annual Report March 2010-March 2015 – (Survey 11)
The CMS-3 Questionnaire
CMS-3 uses a structured survey questionnaire that has been added to over time, in order to investigate indicators of poverty further. The most recent (2016) questionnaire can be downloaded here.
Other CMS-3 Analyses
Quantitative and Qualitative (Q2) Analysis of the Changes in Households Between March 2010 – March 2011. This report integrates both types of analyses to identify what might work for the extreme poor as well as why it works.
Archived CMS-3 Reports
- CMS3 Annual Report March 2010-March 2015 – (Survey 10)
- CMS3 Annual Report March 2010-March 2014 – (Survey 9)
- CMS3 Report Cohorts 4-6 March 2014 – (Survey 9)
- CMS3 Annual Report March 2010-March 2013 – (Survey 8)
- CMS3 Annual Report March 2010-March 2012 – (Survey 7)
- Presentation based on the outputs of Survey 7 CMS3 March 2012 Presentation
- CMS-3 Annual Report, March 2010 – March 2011 – (Survey 4)
- CMS3 Annual Report March 2010 – (Survey 1)
Archived CMS-3 Briefs
- Extreme poor households are better off with EEP/Shiree support – (CMS-3 Brief 2015)
- 2014 CMS3 Brief – “Ending Hard Core Poverty: Targeted Livelihood Programmes Improve Lives of Extreme Poor” (published March 2015)
- 2011 CMS3 Brief – “Similarities and differences in the socio-economic and nutritional status between male and female headed households” (published 2012)
Archived Seasonal Reports
(conducted seasonally from 2010 to 2011; the frequency was then changed to annual, as described in the methodology):
- CMS3 Seasonal Survey, July-August 2010 – (Survey 2)
- CMS3 Seasonal Survey, October-November 2010 – (Survey 3)
- CMS3 Seasonal Survey March 2010-July 2011 – (Survey 5)
No separate report for Survey 6 was prepared; the data were analysed as part of the survey 7 report, which included an analysis of surveys 1-6.