On the 8th December, the 13th EPRG was held at the BRAC Centre and welcomed a high level of participation from shiree Scale and Innovation Fund partners, development practitioners and donors, academic institutions and other experts working with the disabled including CDD, Handicap International and the British Council (in total 41 participants).
The theme of the 13th EPRG was “Disability in Bangladesh: The Knowledge to Break Barriers” and it was chaired by Julian Francis, an independent consultant. Please see his recent article in BDNews24 – Break Barriers, Open Doors.
There were 5 presentations:
- Eeshita Azad and Robin Davis, British Council: “Bridging Physical Boundaries through Art”
- Owasim Akram, Oxfam: “Occupational Health and Safety in Urban and Peri-Urban Bangladesh: An Important Cause and Consequence of Extreme Poverty”
- David Lowen, Handicap International: “Disability in Bangladesh – A Recent KAP Study“
- Dr. Zulfiqar Ali, Bangladesh Institute of Development Studies: “Economics of Disability and Children at Risk in Bangladesh”
- Masudul Abedin Khan, Centre for Disability in Development: “Lessons Learned on Inclusion of People with Disability for the ICCO Gaibandha Food Security project for Ultra Poor Women”
EPRG 13 December Report (2013):
This document is a collection of the discussions and presentations which took place at the 13th EPRG. The concept of the EPRG will continue to be developed.