Aid Comilla: The Alternative Livelihoods Options (ALO) Project
Parsuram Upazila, Feni
See the project areas on Google Maps
1,500 Beneficiary Households (BHH)
Years to Graduate
Total budget BDT 27,999,508
Cost per BHH 15,135
direct delivery cost per BHH is 9,028.
- Initiate grant stipends, heifer cattle transfer and artificial insemination of cattle;
- Provide training on the effective management of livestock and homestead gardening;
- Capacity enhancement for Para-vets (vaccinators) chosen by natural leaders;
- Awareness raising of local markets with linkages to high price zones (identified through the marketing/IGA groups established by the project);
- Awareness building on health, hygiene and nutrition practices with technical support and monitoring;
- Activating Disaster Management Committees (part of the Union Parisad tier of local government) to develop local coping mechanisms, risk and resource mapping;
- Capacity enhancement for disaster preparedness and coping mechanisms.
- Knowledge on improved livestock management and kitchen gardening disseminated to 1,850 extreme poor households and 15 Para-vets developed;
- Heifers conditionally transferred to 750 target households with technical support;
- Target households to form marketing groups and build bargaining capacity;
- Communities facilitated to improve capacity for disaster preparedness, response and mitigation.
See the works of SHIREE funded Alo project of Aid-Comilla on flickr