Green Hill (Innovation Fund 1): Conditional Cash Transfers and Market Development
Importing Markets and Poverty Alleviation through Cash Transfer (IMPACT)
25 villages of four Upazilas (Bandarban Sadar, Rajasthali, Kaokhali and Kaptai Upazilas) in Bandarban and Rangamati districts in the Chittagong Hill Tracts (CHT).
See the project areas on Google Maps
1,200 Beneficiary Households (BHH)
Years to Graduate
Total budget is 31,675,080
cost per BHH is 26,396
of which direct delivery cost is 11,500
- The aim of the project is to address the limited scope of employment opportunities in the Chittagong Hill Tracts (CHT);
- The project will provide extremely poor Adivasi families the skills and assets to start agri-business opportunities of high value crops;
- The project also provides BHH with conditional cash transfers, allowing them to participate in training activities while satisfying their basic consumption needs;
- The project will also establish linkages with local markets through a workable marketing system (value chain) with external markets in order to stimulate the local micro-economy in the CHT Upazillas and beyond through the creation of several collection points;
- The project expects that participants will have increased food security and income generating assets within 3-5 cropping seasons (within 15-30 months).
- Economic empowerment;
- Improved food security and nutrition;
- Increased health and education;
- Enhanced market linkages.
See the works of SHIREE funded IMPACT project of Green Hill on flickr