SKS Foundation: Micro-enterprises through High Value Fruit Varieties
Promotion of Fruits Production Cluster Project
Shaghata and Fulchari Upazillas, Gaibandha district
See the project areas on Google Maps
1,000 Beneficiary Households (BHH)
Years to Graduate
Total budget 27,730,895
Cost per BHH 27,731
direct delivery cost per BHH is 17,650
- Response to cyclical food insecurity as a result of Monga;
- Tackling high rates of unemployment within the regional macro-economic context and creating the space for employment during lean seasons;
- Develop individual entrepreneurs within a framework of collective production and marketing;
- Introduce BHH to high value fruit tree management technologies, including the inputs of production;
- Improved access to land, lowering costs of planting material, controlling initial costs for care and management.
- Collective land leasing with improved negotiation skills for future leasing;
- Conduct market surveys to identify suitable markets and ensure optimum sustainable price;
- Develop and institutionalise group marketing technique for small scale growers to attract large scale buyers;
- Reduce economic risks as a result of crop failure through diversified fruit cultivation.
- Disseminate appropriate management technology for high value rapid growing fruit trees to 1,000 BHH;
- The BHH are given capital and managerial support to lease cultivable land and procure appropriate inputs for farming;
- Market linkage between BHH producers and appropriate wholesalers or retailers.
See the works of SHIREE funded project of SKS on flickr