Action for Disability and Development (ADD)
From Margin to Mainstream: A Drive of Challenged People for Economic Empowerment
Dhaka City and adjoining places of Dhaka District
See the project areas on Google Maps
Target Beneficiary Households (BHH)
- Challenged people will be provided training on sewing, binding, packaging, assembling, pasting etc depending on wage employment potential, linking them with respective factories: garment industries, shoe factories and mechanical engendering workshop. Other challenged people will be trained on small businesses for mobile flexi load and assistance, block/batik printing, plant nursery, food processing etc and to assist to start gainful self-employment.
- Providing financial support during training (accommodation and food) so that beneficiaries do not revert back to their previous situation.
- Sensitizing garments and other manufacturers/service industries on working with challenged persons, develop partnerships with potential employers and develop agreeable MOU.
- Advocacy with apex trade bodies, BGMEA, BKMEA, FBCCI to promote employment environment for challenged people.
- Influencing implementation of Govt. job quotas, facilities and budgets for employment
- Graduation period: 3 years, after which beneficiaries will be able to continue the livelihood that will enable them 3 meals per day, comfortable housing, opportunity to educated their children and increase asset to protect from vulnerability.
- Output 1: Enhanced Income generating capacities through skills training of 700 challenge people.
- Output 2: Improved employment and income opportunities through transition to formal economy.
- Output 3: Ensured barrier free work environment, policy and practice in both corporate and government sector.
See the works of SHIREE funded project of ADD on flickr