Bangladesh Organisation for Social Service (BOSS)
Pabna, Rajshahi Division
See the project areas on Google Maps
Mainstreaming Marginalised Communities (MMC)
Beneficiary households (BHH): 400
- The project aims to help reduce the social and economic marginalisation experienced by beneficiaries through complementary interventions that build linkages between marginalised and mainstream communities.
- The project takes a community approach and works with both beneficiary Hindu communities and non beneficiary Muslim communities, beginning with Community Led Total Sanitation (CLTS) to mobilise community resources towards common objectives.
- Beneficiary IGAs are developed through dialogue with beneficiaries – considering their needs, experience and desires – as well as local market and cost/benefit analysis. Supplementary support such as livestock advice is offered to all local community members.
- Building on the community mobilisation in the CLTS, community groups are developed which, with assistance from BOSS, advocate with local government actors for access to social protection/safety net services as well for access to Khas resources.
- Output 1: 400 marginalised households receive assets/skills which allow them to sustainably graduate from extreme poverty
- Output 2: Community groups developed from all beneficiary households (BHHs) which are capable of advocating with state actors
- Output 3: Community wide sanitation projects developed reducing social marginalisation for all households
See the works of SHIREE funded project of BOSS on flickr