Concern Worldwide [Innovation Round 3]
InvESt (Investment for Economic Empowerment of Street-dwellers)
All zones of Dhaka City Corporation
See the project areas on Google Maps
Target Beneficiary households (BHH)
- The project envisions creating a brand of food chain business with mobile kitchen outlets run by the street-dwellers for ensuring access to quality food at affordable prices for the other street-dwellers.
- Street-dwellers will be mobilised and organized in Business Groups. The group members will receive an intensive package of training, counselling sessions, support for development of business plans and flexible savings facilities for starting-up business under a brand identity.
- The group members will be provided with low-cost manually operated equipped mobile kitchens and capital in instalments to run the food business. Five central kitchens will supply semi/pre-cooked food to the vendors of mobile- kitchens.
- To increase the credibility of the brand, private sector organizations will be mobilised as ambassadors for the brand and special emphasis will be given for marketing of the brand and maintaining the quality of the brand.
- The street-dwellers who will be targeted as buyers will be mobilised, provided training on life-skills, health and hygienic food and access to savings facilities.
- Graduation period: 18 Months.
- 320 mobile kitchens and 5 central kitchens involving 700 street-dweller households will be put into operation;
- 700 street-dweller HH provided training to independently run business under the brand;
- The brand of mobile kitchens is promoted.
See the works of SHIREE funded project of Concern Worldwide on flickr