Green Hill (Innovation Round 4)
Poverty Reduction Through Agricultural Sustainable Advancement Knowledge Transfer and Insurance (PRASAKTI)
Bandarban and Rangamati Districts, Chittagong Division
See the project areas on Google Maps
1,300 Beneficiary Households (BHH)
Years to Graduate
The total budget is BDT 34,484,584
cost per BHH is BDT 26,527
of which direct delivery cost per BHH is BDT 14,945
- Targets the extreme poor of the Chittagong Hill Tracts region
- Involves disbursement of conditional cash transfers (CCTs) to meet immediate primary needs with additional cash for investment in income generating activities (IGAs)
- Typical IGAs to include high value crop cultivation (e.g Tumeric and ginger) with provision of technical agricultural support
- Facilitation and creation of ‘market points’ enabling BHHs to sell produce from one local location with the aim of attracting new buyers, strengthening their market position and improving market linkages
- Builds on success of innovation fund round 1 IMPACT programme.
- Seeks to address lack of basic financial services and the damaging impact of economic shocks by addition of a savings component, adopting the VSL (village savings and loans) associations model
- VSL will provide access to savings and emergency loans / insurance pay-outs enabling BHHs to better cope with shocks, protect project gains and increase project sustainability
- Output 1: 1300 Beneficiary Households able to satisfy primary needs, enabling investment.
- Output 2: 1300 BHHs investing in sustainable IGAs.
- Output 3: 1300 BHHs are engaged in regular savings and loans activities
- Output 4: 1000 BHHs benefit from improved market linkages
See the works of SHIREE funded project of Green Hill on flickr