PRIP Trust: Ensuring Sustainable Livelihoods for Female Construction Workers
Mirpur and Mohammadpur of Dhaka City, Dhaka District.
See the project areas on Google Maps
1,000 Beneficiary Households (BHHs)
Years to graduate
Budget and Cost per BHH
The total budget is BDT 36,800,000
cost per BHH is BDT 36,800
of which direct delivery cost per BHH is BDT 22,051
- The project aims at bringing in and supporting Female Construction workers and their families/household who presently belong to the extreme poor category
- A range of support mechanisms – organising Female Construction Workers (FCWs) into groups and linking with a platform to capitalise on their collective strength. Also providing occupational skills, rendering equipment, assets support, linking with savings and insurance schemes.
- Selected FCWs will be organised into groups and brought under an institutional affiliation. The formation of a platform of the female construction workers will enhance their collective bargaining capacity to strive for their rights and recognition.
- FCWs will be supported with a range of occupational skills to upgrade themselves from unskilled labour force to a skilled labour force.
- Support selected FCWs through assets/cash transfer for alternative or enhanced income. The groups will be provided with equipment support under the provision of asset transfer to use as part of a group-led joint venture to make an additional income.
- Individual FCWs will be linked with savings-insurance schemes to reduce the vulnerability of the associated households. The project will contribute an equivalent proportionate cash support to deposit the insurance premium.
- An Asset Management Committee will be formed to manage the activities under procurement, asset transfer, usages and maintenance of assets jointly owned by the FCWs.
- Output 1: Platform is developed to organize Female Construction Workers (FCWs) for establishing their rights and recognition.
- Output 2: Skills are imparted to FCWs for professional up gradation, enhanced/supplementary income and occupational safety.
- Output 3: Assets and equipments are transferred to enhance income.
- Output 4: Savings & micro-insurance schemes are introduced for economic security.
- Output 5: Platform is supported to network and link with various policy making bodies inclusive of formal and informal service providing institutions.
See the works of SHIREE funded project of PRIP Trust on flickr