Training, Assistance and Rural Advancement Non-Governmental Organisation (TARANGO): Establishing Fair Trade Handicraft Business for Indigenous Community in Bandarban
Rowangchari Upazilla of Bandarban district of Chittagong Division
See the project areas on Google Maps
750 Beneficiary Households (BHHs)
Years to graduate
Budget and Cost per BHH
The total budget is BDT 34,145,002
cost per BHH is BDT 68,290
of which direct delivery cost per BHH is BDT 34,202.
- Contributing towards sustainable livelihood improvement of extreme poor households of indigenous community of Bandarban through crafts based skill training, production and marketing of traditional crafts – based on the motto of fair trade handicraft business.
- Increase household income and enhance the indigenous community’s capacity to preserve and promote their rich culture and heritage of traditional craft.
- Enhance craftsmen skill through training and capacity building by which beneficiaries will be skilled enough to produce qualitative and marketable products and earn additional income to improve livelihood standard.
- The beneficiaries will be provided with production equipment, raw materials and other necessary support to produce market-oriented products at their homes.
- Establish Crafts Emporium for promotion which will play a vital role in preserving and promoting traditional handicrafts produced by the beneficiaries.
- Provide design, quality support qualitative and marketable products and establish their market linkage with international fair trade buyers.
- Output 1: Understanding of Indigenous Craft and Artisan Skill Improved.
- Output 2: 100 types of market-oriented new craft developed and promoted
- Output 3: Craft-based groups formed and Artisan skills developed.
- Output 4: Production equipments, raw materials and sapling distributed and income increased.
See the works of SHIREE funded project of TARANGO on flickr